Friday, December 23, 2022

Table Runner

 Just look what a tea towel and a whole bunch of fabric strips can make!


I found the perfect tea towel for our cabin in the woods at a farmers market this summer. But since there's no real kitchen or need for a towel there, I decided to turn it into a table runner.

This project was a lot of fun because I made it up as I went along!

I dug out a jelly roll with the perfect color green strips that I had stashed away years so (another reason not to throw anything out!) and sewed several of the strips together.

Then I cut a square out of the tea towel and sewed a strip to the top and bottom, 


















and sewed the strips to each side of the center.

I backed it with a piece of off-white print fabric, turned it right side out, stitched up each strip and along the edge.

This is going to look great on the table we refinished!




























No comments:

Post a Comment