Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Fabric Heart Ornaments

 It's time to take off the Christmas ornaments from my little rustic "holiday tree" and start thinking about what I will replace them with.

Valentines Day is next, so hearts it is!


Everything I used to make these pretty ornaments was found in my various supply stashes. Like I always say, don't throw anything away!

I gathered up a handful of fabric that went well together then cut them into strips of different widths. There's no right or wrong with this project!













Then I sewed them onto the batting and background using the quilt as you go technique and trimmed up the edges to make a nice, strippy square.












To make the hearts, originally I used a metal die and traced around it, then cut that out with pinking scissors. Then I realized it was easier just to fold the mat in half and cut a half heart up to the fold.










I stitched around the edges to hold everything together.
















I decorated each heart a little differently. This simple heart has three buttons glued down the center,












this little guy has a big button and bow in the center,















and the largest of them all has three little satin flower buds and leaves glued to the edge.

All have satin ribbon loops on the back.


No comments:

Post a Comment