Saturday, January 7, 2023

Laser Cut Heart Ornaments

I'm sure you've figured out by now how much I like shopping at the various dollar stores.

I picked up a package of laser cut hearts at the Dollar Tree that made beautiful ornaments for my holiday tree.








I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with them, but knew I wanted to paint them.

So I pulled out my brushes and a variety of acrylic paint, then decided on simply pink!







Not one shade of pink, but three! I started with a medium dark mauve, painted two hearts, added a little bit of cream colored paint to get a lighter shade, painted two more hearts then added more cream color and painted the last three hearts. That's a fun way to create an ombre effect.












The hearts were very pretty on their own, but I wanted to bling them up a little. So I pulled out my beads and added a small dangle to the bottom of each heart. The hardest part of that was seeing the clear fish line I used!















I think they add a soft, romantic touch to the tree.











No comments:

Post a Comment