Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Heart Garland

I found some great things at Dollar General the other day, including this burlap and felt heart garland. I was going to make hearts similar to these, so I decided to skip that step and disassemble the garland then make over the hearts. 


I pulled the long jute string out and pulled off the bows, then straightened some of the center hearts a bit. Then pretty much designed each heart as I went along!


I originally thought I would just cover the center heart with buttons, but I got a little carried away and covered the entire thing! I have ALOT of old buttons, so this was the perfect thing to do with them. Hot glue worked best for this project.













Simple, single buttons in the centers were quick and easy!













Of course I had to make a buffalo plaid heart! The beads on the loops, and the striped bow came off a string of beads I got at Walmart (50% off Christmas decor!).




















Naturally this one is my favorite.









This was a really fun project. It's especially fun when something you've been thinking about comes together and actually works!




No comments:

Post a Comment