Sunday, January 15, 2023

Angel Ornaments


 I never knew you could make angels using faux flower until a friend showed me some she made.


So I dug out some flowers, fancy ribbon, wooden beads, pipe cleaner, thread and of course my trusty glue gun and went to work.





The first thing I discovered was that this carnation had an ugly green stem that held everything together. I didn't like that, so I pulled it off, and you guessed it....the flower fell apart! So I pulled some thread through a wooden bead and through all the holes in the flowers, pulled it tight to make a pretty pink skirt!







The ribbon I used for this angel's wings was skinnier than some, so I made two loops for her wings.

I like to make sure the back of my projects are finished just as nicely as the front. So I made a little circle of ribbon and glued it into the center of the wings.



The pearl necklace and fuzzy white halo are a perfect touch.










Of course she needed a friend, so I made another angel using a white carnation and wider, silver ribbon for her wings.

These sweet ornaments will be on my tree all year long. 


No comments:

Post a Comment