Sunday, January 10, 2021

Shutter Snowmen

 I've been having fun watching a new YouTube Channel called


Repurposed My Way
. My friend and former neighbor Shelli, makes awesome projects by repurposing things she has around the house, things she's been given and things she's found at the dump!

After watching the above video on how to make a snowman out of a window shutter, I remember that I had bought a set of little shutters at a yardsale a couple years ago - all I had to do was find where I put them!


I found these cute little shutters at a yardsale for just $1.00! I thought I might attach a little bucket under the heart, put a plant in it and lean them against my white fence or stick them in the garden. But then I forgot all about them!









I found them in the shed and cleaned them up. Then I cut a couple pieces of scrap wood for the brims of their hats


I painted the top where the hat would be with black acryllic craft paint.

















Then painted the bottom with white acryllic craft paint - several coats. But I didn't like the results, so I found some semi-gloss house paint and used that, and it covered much better.















Next was the real fun part - decorating it! I have hundreds, I mean HUNDREDS of buttons, but do you think I could find the enough of the right size black buttons? Of course not, so I simply painted them black.

And the nose I "sculpted" from a sponge!

I tore a piece of green homespun fabric for one scarf, and a piece of plaid flannel for the other.












On one of the brims I glued on some garland, red berries and bells. And on the back of both hats I added a piece of red paper to show through the heart cut out.


















They came out great!


















No comments:

Post a Comment