Sunday, January 3, 2021

Scrap trees

 One of the great things about building projects is all the scrap wood that's left over! We have a pretty big pile waiting for us to come up with things to use it with.


These paper covered wooden trees were super simple.













I started by drawing triangle of various sizes on a few pieces of scrap lumber. Then I cut them....not exactly along the lines....using the chop saw.
















 



The hardest part of this project was choosing which patterned paper to use! I have ALOT of scrapbook paper to choose from.



















I also have a lot of craft paint in all sorts of colors from when I did a lot of stenciling and other painting projects.

I painted all sides and bottom of the triangles with red and two different shades of green.


















Then I placed each painted triangle onto printed paper and traced around it, and cut it out.



I painted a layer of Mod Podge onto the painted wooden triangle,






















then placed the paper triangle on top and painted a layer of Mod Podge onto it.





















They didn't take long to dry.

I think they came out really cute! Look out scrap pile!





































No comments:

Post a Comment