Sunday, January 24, 2021

Covered Doorstop

 Years ago I bought a set of hand towels that were embroidered with "Cabin Sweet Cabin" on the bottom. I put them away in a safe place and forgot about them until I was cleaning out a cabinet a few weeks ago and there they were.

We don't have a kitchen in the cabin, so I didn't need towels. I thought about curtains, but they were too narrow for that. Then I remembered a doorstop I made for our bedroom using a piece of embroidered cloth and a brick.


I gathered up the pieces I needed, plus my handy glue gun and winged it.












First I wrapped the brick with quilt batting and glued it in place.












Then I trimmed down the towel and wrapped it around the brick. I folded the ends and glued them down.











I found some Stampin' Up! ribbon that looks like burlap and suede and wrapped it around the front.











Done! And it works!




No comments:

Post a Comment